Historic Hood River
Roe Parker House
Not many houses on this site have two completely different addresses, but this one does. The Roe-Parker House spent most of its life at 416 State Street, just east of the library, but in 2002 it was moved to 116 Sherman Avenue to make room for the library expansion.
The house’s most famous resident was Asentha Parker, more commonly known as “Grandma Parker,” who lived here from 1905-1929. She was the widow of John Parker, who started a mill up in Post Canyon about 1890 and was the namesake for “Parkertown”, the long gone community at the intersection of Riordan Hill and Binns Hill roads.